The BlueMod+S42 is a next generation Bluetooth single mode module based on the nRF52 Nordic chipset. It is designed for smartphone connectivity and cable replacement applications with low energy consumption. The BlueMod+S42 supports the Terminal I/O profile as well as most GATT based profiles.
• Bluetooth v4.2 qualified module
• CE, FCC, IC certified
• Generic GATT Client and Server
• Terminal I/O for Easy Transparent Data Transfer
• Sample Code for iOS and Android
• Important supported Bluetooth 4.2 features:
• LE Secure Connections
• L2CAP Connection oriented channels
• Long MTU size
• Data packet length extension
• UART: 9600 bps – 921600 bps (asynchronous)
• Other interfaces: I²C, SPI, PWM, ADC • GPIOs: Up to 21
BlueMod+S42 supports the NFC functionality of the Nordic nRF52382 chip. NFC handover simplifies device pairing and connection setup. The BlueMod+S42 emulates an NFC Forum compliant Tag Type 2 and provides a standardized Bluetooth handover record to the reader, thus allowing for automatic pairing without manual interaction. Telit provides a dedicated NFC utility app for Android devices for evaluating the handover feature.